Register & get
Free Software Trial
Free Teaching Resources
Find us on Facebook
Flash Card download instructions
How to download these Flash Card printout files:
Flash Cards for A4-sized paper (8.27" x 11.69")
- Download a flash card set by clicking on any of the categories in your specified size here. Save the file to your hard drive.
- Double-click on the file to open. You will need Adobe Reader to open this file.
- For the best results, use A4-sized paper for your print outs. (8.27" x 11.69")
- Using a color printer will also be best for showing flash cards with printed pictures. Make sure your printer settings are perfect for your choice of paper size. To check if you have the correct settings, follow the following steps:
- On Adobe Acrobat Reader, click on PRINT.
- When the printing panel pops up, click on PROPERTIES.
- At the PAGE SIZE panel, make sure that the highlighted paper size is A4.
- Click OK.
- After printing, fold the paper or board in half so that one side shows only the media while the other half shows the written word.
- Apply glue - we recommend using dry glue - along the inside edges of the flash card to seal the empty side.
- When not using the flash cards, store them in the folder sleeve.
How to use your flash cards
Using them as word flash cards
- Arrange your flash cards into a pile, in the reverse order with which you want to show the cards to your child.
- Place your child a few feet away, facing you - get someone to help you by sitting with your child.
Show the words to your baby by moving the flash cards from behind to front.
Read out the word when the card reaches the front, when it has fully covered the previous flashcard.
- Go as fast as you can, but make sure that you pronounce each word clearly, with only a very brief pause between words.
Using them as media and word flash cards:
- Show the words to your baby by moving the flash cards from behind to front.
- Show your child the word first while pronouncing the word
- Flip the card to show the image and pronounce the word again (or you can choose to vocalize some sound effects for your baby)
- Flip the card again to show the word and pronounce the word for the third time
Liked the printed flash cards?
Try our FREE PowerPoint Slideshows!
BrillKids offers free downloads of PowerPoint slideshow presentations of your favorite flash card categories. Simply choose the category you like, save it to your computer, and double-click to play!
The PowerPoint slideshows offer a multisensory flash card experience for your child - you will enjoy teaching your child with the slideshows, and your little one will be excited to learn new words while listening to the audio files and sound effects embedded in each slide!
Download PowerPoint Slideshows